Amarenco is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our global engineering team, who will be responsible for the technical evaluation of our designs, driving optimisation helping expand our PV and storage footprint. With the recent rapid growth of Amarenco’s portfolio, this is an exciting time for the business with ample opportunities in major solar markets around the world.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Amarenco, you will collaborate with regional Project Engineers and Project Managers and assist the Construction and Development teams by supplying essential engineering information. Your responsibility will include establishing the minimum technical functional specifications for all developments and continuously reviewing and enhancing these standards. You will keep senior management informed of engineering decisions and strive to promote ongoing improvements in our design and engineering methodology. You will evaluate new technologies and designs and be relied upon as a subject matter expert in electrical engineering. You will also write technical documentation for various projects.
With hands-on electrical design and field experience, you should have the ability to design and operate PV electrical systems, including the MV/HV connection and an understanding of the critical electrical equipment needs for a PV plant. You should also have a strong appreciation for the constructability of different designs. You will work with other internal teams as well as external groups, including utilities, manufacturers, vendors, and contractors
• A qualification in electrical engineering.
• Minimum 5 years work experience the renewable power generation sector.
• Experience in Grid Connection studies.
• Familiarity with PV industry and PV systems including working knowledge of modules, inverters, transformers, mounting structures, cabling. • Experience in PV plant design optimization targeting the lowest LCOE.
• Experience in developing/reviewing electrical schematics
• Experience of international electrical standards.
• Experience of grid connection procedures and grid code compliance.
• Knowledge and understanding of grid connection solutions for PV plants • Familiarity with ESB/Eirgrid Design Requirments is an advantage but not essential.
• Commissioing experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Battery storage design experience is an advantage